- Pursue your interest in the history of Northern Colorado!
- Learn how to document historic sites!
- Share your knowledge and expertise with others!
What is the Heritage Culturalist Program?
The Heritage Culturalist Program (HCP) is a FREE ambassador training program that educates volunteers in the rich history and recreation opportunities of the Cache la Poudre River National Heritage Area (CALA). Once trained, volunteers provide interpretation and expertise to the public at Poudre Heritage Alliance (PHA) programs and events.
PHA will not be hosting the full Heritage Culturalist Training in 2019. If you are interested in future trainings and/or want to get more involved with the Cache la Poudre River National Heritage Area, please fill out this online form by clicking here.
What does a Heritage Culturalist Volunteer do?
During the training, HCP Volunteers visit historical sites and participate in interactive discussions to develop deeper knowledge of the CALA. Once the training program is completed, HCP volunteers use their expertise to educate the public and increase awareness of the National Heritage Area by:
- Leading community events, teacher workshops, seminars, guided tours, and other activities.
- Participate in additional training opportunities and educational events through PHA and its partner organizations.
- Creating professional documentation of Heritage Area resources that enhance heritage tourism opportunities.
- Stay tuned for the next complete training in 2020!
- Participate in 18 hours of classroom/field training over three days (Dates TBD)
- Donate 40 hours of time over two years.
- Must be 18 years of age or older or have parent/guardian signed permission.
- Must pass a background check.
- Have a passion for the Cache la Poudre River, an enthusiasm for learning, and an aspiration to share your knowledge.
Apply today! Fill out the interest form by clicking here.
To get more information or to have a form emailed or mailed to you, please contact Poudre Heritage Alliance Program Manager at 970-295-4851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.